Corporate Recreation Manager
Head Office (HO)
Clinical Support [Registered Nurses][Licensed Practical Nurses][Registered Care Aides][Recreational Therapists]
Part Time Regular
Reporting to the Director of Quality and Clinical Informatics with responsibility for the corporate recreation portfolio, the Corporate Recreation Manager (“the CRM”) will ensure the Company’s corporate recreation objectives are achieved. The CRM, in consultation with the Company’s Recreation Manager cohort and their staff, as well as other external stakeholders and partners (as necessary), will provide oversight, direction, support and expertise in the delivery of creative, sustainable, cost effective and high quality recreation services and programs.
The CRM will (in collaboration with others) develop, implement and maintain industry-leading therapeutic recreation programs consistent with the physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of the Company’s residents, tenants and clients.
In addition, the Corporate Recreation Manager acts as a professional role model for staff as part of the Management team and promotes all recreation departments within their respective facilities and the community at large.
A. Corporate Recreation Manager:
• Ensure all facilities (Recreation Managers and staff) have appropriate and effective therapeutic recreation programs in place and being delivered
• Work in collaboration with colleagues, external stakeholders and partners in developing and implementing such programs
• Liaise with community agencies, groups and individuals to augment programs and promote the Company’s corporate recreation goals within the various communities.
• Oversee the orientation and training of all new Recreation Managers.
• Participate in the planning and implementation of recreation budgets, both operating and capital, for site-based recreation departments.
• Oversee and update standards, procedures and policies in order to maintain an organized and efficient corporate recreation presence. Develop standard recreation assessment documentation and audit tools.
• Collate and analyze on a (monthly/quarterly) any recreation-specific reports, information and feedback and work with the site-based Recreation Managers:
o to utilize the information to compliment and enhance the Company’s Recreation and Volunteer service delivery.
o to facilitate feedback from all users re: program preference, community issues, etc., and incorporate the feedback into program offerings.
• Ensure that any/all relevant administrative, volunteer and financial policies, procedures, and guidelines are appropriately implemented and reviewed.
• Take a lead role in the development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives for all Therapeutic Recreation activities and programs
• Collaborate with external stakeholders to achieve optimum care and services for all users.
• Work in collaboration with appropriate professionals/departments, to plan and implement appropriate risk management procedures for all programs.
• Graduation from a recognized Therapeutic Recreation Program. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) designation preferred, but not mandatory
• A minimum of five (5) years management experience in a residential geriatric setting.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate programs and organize recreational activities.
• Current Basic CPR qualifications.
• Current class 4 BC Driver’s License preferred
• Good physical and emotional health with capabilities that is compatible with walking, stooping, bending, lifting heavy objects and pushing heavy carts.
Must be free from any allergies or related conditions that may be aggravated by working with pets.
• Ability to communicate and establish harmonious relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and visitors of the facility.
• Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience.
• Excellent written and oral English skills.
• Member in good standing of BC Therapeutic Recreation Association.
• Ability to travel (within Canada).