Job Posting # 824829
Clinical Research Coordinator III (Registered Nurse)
Site: Toronto General Hospital/Research Institute
Department: Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology Program
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Clinical Research Coordinator III
collaborates with Investigators and health care team to assume responsibility for the overall patient management and coordination of several clinical studies for the Interventional Cardiology Program in the Division of Cardiology. Studies include pharma-sponsored, as well as Investigator initiated trials.
Responsibilities include recruitment of study participants (e.g. identify and screen potential subjects, obtain informed consent); coordination of patient visits schedules as per study protocol; execution of all aspects of study visit (e.g. assessment adverse events, monitoring safety, medication, questionnaires, sample collection, including processing and shipment of samples according to clinical protocol), provides clinical care for patients participating in clinical trials and the implementation and coordination of all aspects of data collection and source documentation, as per UHN policy and ICH/GCP guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent required
• Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• At minimum, 3 years clinical and/or professional experience
• At least 3 years clinical research experience; minimum one (1) year clinical experience in cardiology preferred
• Holds recognized certification in clinical research (e.g., ACRP or SOCRA)
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) certification
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care
• Evidence of good physical assessment, and patient/family teaching skill
• Previous clinical research experience preferred
• Autonomous clinical critical thinking ability
• Training in ICH/GCP guidelines an asset
• Knowledge of IATA shipping regulations and basic laboratory procedures an asset
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to set priorities and work independently with accuracy in a dynamic environment
• Proficiency with MS Office software – Word and Excel desired.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line.
You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
June 7, 2018
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.