Join one of Toronto’s top fin-tech shops, as they scale out their team!
The Business Intelligence Developer will contribute to the design, development and maintenance of strategic, high-profile executive-level dashboards/reports and will play a key role in developing database objects, data integration (ETL) scripts, metrics, and dashboards/reports using Microsoft BI technologies (SQL Server 2016 Enterprise, SSIS, SSRS and Power BI).
• Design, develop and maintain SSRS packages to integrate data from the most appropriate data sources to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Design, develop and maintain SSRS and Power BI dashboards/reports.
• Proactively seek to understand end-user requirements in order to implement effective data visualizations in dashboards/reports.
• Proactively seek opportunities to automate the most time and resource intensive processes related to data collection validation, transformation, etc. to optimize the production and delivery of dashboards/reports.
• Design, develop and maintain a web-based portal for all published dashboards/reports.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of branding (i.e., standardized “look and feel”) for all dashboards/reports.
• Assist in the development of a future state BI architecture and roadmap.
• Serve as a BI subject matter expert and contribute to the maintenance and operations of the department’s BI environment (production and non-production).
Must Have Skills:
• Minimum 5 years hands-on technical Business Intelligence experience with expert knowledge in Microsoft BI technologies
• Advanced knowledge of SQL,SSRS
• Experience designing and developing database objects (tables, views, stored procedures).
• Strong understanding of IT service management processes and frameworks (e.g., ITIL).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner and also as part of a project team.
• Ability to effectively handle ambiguous, ad hoc tasks and changes in direction and priorities in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
• A recognized undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
Dress Code: Casual