Assisted Living Manager
The Wellesley of Victoria (WELL)
Facility Management [General Managers][Departmental Managers]
Full Time Temporary
Reporting to the General Manager or designate, the Assisted Living Manager is responsible for directing care staff and promoting departmental activities to maintain high quality care.
Central responsibilities include ensuring the effective and efficient provision of care services. The Manager, Assisted Living will work with the nursing and care delivery staff to enhance their knowledge and skills in providing quality, efficient care.
Include but not limited to:
1. Identifies client needs and staff development opportunities and assists in the development of methods, policies, procedures, programs, services and work routines to enhance care delivery.
2. Provides direction to professional and nonprofessional nursing staff as well as all interdisciplinary team members involved in the provision of “best practice” care services.
3. Assesses and identifies the clients’ health care needs and ensures the proper maintenance of all patient and other records in accordance with policy and relevant legislation.
4. Observes and monitors staff on all shifts as required.
Evaluates and provides ongoing supervision of care staff on any shift with a focus on identifying recommendations and training requirements that would enhance and/or streamline care delivery.
5. Oversee all aspects of the wait list management and admission process for new clients.
6. Identifies learning needs of staff and provides in-service and orientation using various methods of teaching/learning techniques.
Delivers direct care to specific clients when role modeling or teaching nursing skills.
7. Provides resource information on Continuous Quality Improvement/Risk Management-by reviewing, and documenting data, analysis of trends, report writing and facilitation of group process to effect change.
Maintains related reports and statistics. Monitors all resident care indicators through the Care Management software program
8. Oversees selection, promotion, supervision, evaluation, disciplinary action and termination of all care staff.
9. Maintains an appropriate level of supplies and equipment and identifies new equipment requirements as it relates to resident care.
10. Ensures that all aspects of Collective Agreements / Employee Associations are abided by.
11. Liaises with union representatives through Labour Management Meetings and other forums.
12. Resolves Union grievances as they arise or works with Facility Staff Association to communicate effectively the Employment Standards guidelines and Retirement Concepts policies, thereby minimizing employee conflict and concerns.
13. Assists the Controller to monitor fiscal control of all the facility operations.
-Participates in preparation and execution of an annual operating and capital budget.
14. Maintains a safe environment for clients/family unit and staff, through
-knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations,
-using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and
-utilizing infection control procedures.
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing with current registration as a practicing member of the CLPNBC.
2. Minimum of five years with senior nursing experience, three years of which are in geriatric care
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated leadership, organizational and teaching skills with individuals and groups.
2. Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team setting.
3. Physical ability necessary to perform the duties of the position.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.