Activity Aide (Casual)
Renfrew Care Centre (RCC)
Clinical Support [Registered Nurses][Licensed Practical Nurses][Registered Care Aides][Recreational Therapists]
Under the direction of the Recreation Manager or designate, assists in planning, implementing and evaluating activity programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural needs and interests of the residents/tenants.
Include but not limited to:
1. Carries out established recreation programs including outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
2. Assists residents to and from programs as required.
3. Assists, encourages, and motivates residents/tenants to participate and provide personal care during recreational activities as required.
4. Observes, reports and documents any changes, in residents, to the supervisor and/or nurse.
5. Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to supervisor.
6. Actively participates in C.Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
7. Assists with orientation of new residents/tenants.
8. Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists in the evaluation of volunteers.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate from a recognized Activity/Recreation Certificate or diploma program
2. Experience in a senior’s focused recreation department an asset.
3. Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
4. Food Safe Course or equivalent (Current).
5. Valid Class 4 (Unrestricted) BC Driver’s License required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.